I just returned from a fun filled weekend at the USA Water Ski Headquarters! Pat Byrne, Hutch Haines, Jon Thacher, Doug Robbins, Bill Baker and myself attended the AWSA Board Meeting on Saturday. Saturday night was the USA Water Ski Awards banquet where we honored Bill Baker with a standing ovation as he accepted the USA Water Ski Award of Merit – it was spectacular! Then on Sunday I attended the USA Water Ski Board Meeting and Doug Robbins was at the helm as the Chairman.
The BOD meetings were jam packed with topics, many discussions and many decisions. I am posting my notes from the AWSA Board of Director Mtg (note that the final source of truth is the formal meeting minutes produced by Delaina Downes & approved by the BOD during the summer meeting – that is my disclaimer!).
Here is the link to my video address with the highlights – it is 8 1/2 min long (sorry – hard to pack in 2 days of info into less than 5 min). And yes the makeup & hair consultants were off today! https://youtu.be/66QdflLId0E
Below are the key points you will find in the video:
- 2016 Nationals
- There are no 2017 bids for nationals.
- General membership meeting @ Nationals is not scheduled yet
- We need more grassroots/F class tournaments
- Team approach was approved!
- Headquarters is moving in 2017.
- Insurance Taskforce
- Dealer program
- Skier Bios when you register for an event …. could be blank …
- Some updates on officials activities
- There’s a new mobile app in town!
- Rules committee nuggets
- New Level 10 on the ranking list
- Garmin Pucks on boats
There is also a new AWSA Logo that was approved on Saturday. More to come once the artwork is formally rolled out via the USA Water Ski website.
Don’t hesitate to reach out with questions!!!
Tally-ho! Tonya Maurer, East Region EVP – AWSA