Check out all the actions from this year’s water ski Nationals!
Access the full Archive here: 2020 Goode Water Ski National Championships
(HINT – look for “Webcast Archives” in the list on the left.)
Be sure to let your board members know if you liked the webcast!
First I would like to thank all those that made the Eastern Regional AWSA Tournament possible. Thanks to all of the officials and especially the Avon Old Farm Skiers for doing such a great job hosting the event.
For those skiers who were unable to attend Regionals due to the Connecticut travel restrictions, you may still be able to attend the 2020 National Water Ski Championships. If you are otherwise qualified and wish to participate at Nationals and were coming from a state on the CT “hot list”, please contact Jim Powell, Eastern Region EVP.
Trick video have now been load and are available on the Live Web
Alert for those coming to the Eastern Regional event this week in CT:
1) Please review the CT COVID19 Travel Restrictions. Of the 31 states 3 are from the east region (VA, MD, DE). Please review the information and adhere to the CT guidelines around testing. Any questions reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/Covid-19-Knowledge-Base/Travel-In-or-Out-of-CT
2) Review print sign and drop off the COVID waiver to the collection table located on the lawn in front of the dock. https://www.oldfarmsskiers.com/2020-eastern-regional-championships/
3) There will be a food truck on site on Thursday Friday Saturday from 7.30am through the afternoon.
4) Thursday and Friday nights we will have dinner served on site that is at no cost to those partaking.
5) See the Avon webite for information about practice. Practice will be available after the events on Thursday and Friday. https://www.oldfarmsskiers.com/2020-eastern-regional-championships/
Wishing everyone safe travels and great scores at this year’s event.
For those heading to Regionals and Nationals, please note:
The Rules Committee has made an Interpretation regarding 3.03F3 and F4
Interpretation: A skier who is Open qualified but also 35+ may ski for Overall in the Masters Division, if overall Masters qualified, as an age division skier as defined in Rule 3.03F3 and F4. This Interpretation applies ONLY to the Masters Division.
Slalom Running order now available
**Alert** The regional championships have been changed from a 4 day event to a 3 day event based on the current registration numbers. The event will be run Thursday (July 23) through Saturday (July 25); with Sunday as a contingency day in the case of any delays.
The event order is below. It is based on the boat draw for nationals. The skier running orders should be available by Wednesday (July 22).
Forward any questions to Regionals@awsaeast.org.
JJ Paulovich and Sage Pottbecker kicked off the 2020 Northeast Slalom Series with huge scores at the Twin Lakes 3 Event to take early leads in the season standings.
JJ scored 1 at 39-1/2 off (1104 NOPS points) to top the Adult field, with Hutch Haines (956 NOPS) and Scott Cerosky (752 NOPS) rounding out the top three.
Sage rounded 4 buoys at 35 off (1071 NOPS) to earn top series points in the Junior division. Sam Hill (878 NOPS) and Brendan O’Brien (763 NOPS) finished second and third, respectively.
Stop 2 of the series took place July 4th at Pangaea Puddle (awaiting scores), while Stop No. 3 will be held July 10-12 at the Pre-Regionals in Avon, CT. View the entire series schedule here.
At the conclusion of the series, the top eight adults and four juniors will qualify for the head-to-head series championships, Sept. 5th, at Pangaea.
Friday: Start time is 3pm – both rounds of slalom for junior divisions only.
Saturday: Start time is 8am – both rounds of trick followed by both rounds of jump. All divisions
Sunday: 8am – Both rounds of slalom for adult divisions only.
COVID-19 Waiver – will be available on the Avon website on Thursday (https://www.oldfarmsskiers.com/).
COVID-19 Protocols – Please review before arriving to the site.