Friday: Start time is 3pm – both rounds of slalom for junior divisions only.
Saturday: Start time is 8am – both rounds of trick followed by both rounds of jump. All divisions
Sunday: 8am – Both rounds of slalom for adult divisions only.
COVID-19 Waiver – will be available on the Avon website on Thursday (https://www.oldfarmsskiers.com/).
COVID-19 Protocols – Please review before arriving to the site.
Help make the 2020 Nationals more visible than ever. We want to share our sport with the world and let those who are unable to travel see their friends and family compete.
* two separate webcasts
* 3 cameras per lake plus
* stream to Youtube
* two announcers
* seated at the brand new announcer desk
Check out the Go Fund Me, setup by AWSA President Jeff Surdej.
Find Out More and Contribute Here
Howdy East Region!
The Pre-Regional the event schedule will be:
- Friday 7/10 – slalom for all the juniors. Starting a 3pm.
- Saturday 7/11 – trick followed by jump. Starting at 8am.
- Sunday 7/12 – slalom for all the adults. Starting at 8am.
- The running order will be available the Wednesday (7/8) before the event.
- Based in the survey results (and thank you to those that submitted responses), we are anticipating more entries.
- This being said, the event schedule will remain as advertised for the time being.
- We will reevaluate in 2 weeks; if the entries are lower than expected and the tournament can be run in less days the region will be notified by Thursday (7/9).
- Late fee starts on July 1st.
Please send questions to email@example.com.
The nine-stop, five-state 2020 Northeast Slalom Series kicks off this weekend with the Twin Lakes 3-event tournament Saturday in Monroe, NY.
View the series’ full schedule here.
The series will once again feature two divisions of competition – Adults and Juniors – using NOPS points to level the playing field among speeds and determine placements. Based on these placements, series points will be awarded at each stop. At the conclusion of the series, the top 8 Adults and four Juniors in the series standings will qualify for the Sept. 5th, head-to-head finals at Pangaea. Adults will be competing for a cash prize pool of approximately $1,000, while Juniors will compete for trophies. The registration fee is $25 for adults and Juniors are free. Register here.
Skip Hommel (Adults) and Leland Carpenter (Juniors) are the series’ defending champions.
TWO IMPORTANT CHANGES FOR THE 2020 SERIES
1) Due to the COVID-19 pandemic’s impact on the economy and the water skiing community at large, NESS will not be soliciting corporate sponsorships this year. That will result in a reduction of the cash-prize pool, which will now be solely made up of NESS registration fees ($25 per skier), minus expenses for the Junior trophies. Work on securing sponsors once again in 2012 has already begun.
2) Skiers who wish to receive series points at any given stop MUST have registered for the series prior to earning those points, including Juniors. Payment can be submitted after the fact. Be sure to register here.
Check out these AWSA promotions!
AWSA Update via video
Here are links referenced in the video
Use this form to submit a request to be reimbursed for your sanction fees and first-time participates of any of …
Nationals Attendance Survey
Jr US Open Registration
AWSA Social Distancing Guidelines
2020 EASTERN REGION TOURNAMENT DETAILED LIST
This list will change due to cancellations. I will try to keep it up to date but check with tournament director to verify.
ATTACHED IS A DETAILED LIST THAT WOULD NORMALLY BE IN A GUIDEBOOK
USA Water Ski & Wake Sports, the American Water Ski Association (AWSA) and the Ski Club of the Palm Beaches announced today that the Ski Club of the Palm Beaches will not serve as the host of the 78th GOODE Water Ski National Championships, Aug. 4-8, at Okeeheelee Park in West Palm Beach, Fla., due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on South Florida. It is important to note that the Nationals event has NOT been cancelled at this time. The AWSA board of directors is actively seeking an alternate site – and alternative dates if necessary – to conduct the world’s largest three-event water ski tournament in 2020.
The South Florida counties of Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach have been Florida’s hardest hit areas with respect to the COVID-19 pandemic. In a letter addressed to the board of directors of AWSA, the Ski Club of the Palm Beaches said: “We agonized over our decision and this certainly was not the outcome we wanted. However, the health and safety of our competitors, officials, volunteers, and staff in these troubled times amidst the Covid-19 virus had to be our priority. We realize that the event is not until Aug. 4, but there is simply no way to tell what the accessibility status of Palm Beach County will be with this health crisis at that time. Many factors went into our decision.”
USA Water Ski & Wake Sports suspended sanctioned events due to COVID-19 on March 18. USA Water Ski & Wake Sports is planning to begin sanctioning events again starting on May 18 and is currently finalizing Return to Play Guidelines for its more than 600 affiliated water ski clubs, nine sport discipline organizations and 14,000 members. Information on all sanctioned events, including the status of AWSA regional championships, will be available at www.usawaterski.org
20E036 – Avon’s Last Chance Fall Classic 2019 tournament is tomorrow. Start time is 9am. We are up to 20 slalom skiers and will have 2 groups.
Officials for round 1/first group is below (assignments for the rest of the day will happen on site):
- Driver Matt Byrne
- Boat Judge Cole Maurer
- Tower Judge Hutch Haines
- Tower Judge Scott Pottbecker
- Scoring Tonya Maurer
- Dock – Whoever is available! 🙂
Slalom Running order: 20E036_SlalomRunningOrder
Congratulations to Skip Hommel and Leland Carpenter for winning the adult and junior divisions, respectively, at the 2019 Northeast Slalom Series finals held, Aug. 31st, at Pangaea Puddle in Canajoharie, N.Y.
The No. 3 seed in the adult division, Skip topped Ray Newmark, Scott Behner and Kathy Callan on the way to the title. The win earned Skip the $650 first-place prize. Kathy collected the second-place prize of $325 and Scott the third-place prize of $175.
In the junior division, Leland, the No. 4 seed, edged Collin Frucci and Aaron Bartlett to earn the win. Tia Byrne also competed in the Final Four.
The 2019 Northeast Slalom Series was generously supported by Avon Self Storage, Hands to Heal Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork and GOODE Skis.