Reminder, if you haven’t already, please complete the following survey by Thursday, March 18th. Especially for those interested in a printed and delivered version of the guidebook. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/G7J9BPC
Thank you & wishing you a great spring!
The 2021 tournament guidebook has been posted (https://www.awsaeast.org/wp-content/uploads/2021-ER-Guidebook-vFInal.pdf).
We are also looking to see who is interested in a professionally printed version and to better understanding who prefers digital means to review the tournaments listings. This said, please complete the below 5 question survey, especially if you are looking to receive a printed version of the guidebook in your mailbox.
Please complete the survey by March 18th.
Thank you for your engagement and support!
Wishing everyone a wonderful summer! May we all enjoy a little ‘free-ranging’ this ski season!!
Yippee! Some of the key official forms (example: assistant judge, assistant scorer) can now be filled out digitally and submitted electronically.
See the attached document for instructions in how to fill out and submit.
Below are the running orders for Saturday (9/26) and Sunday (9/27), along with the officials assignments for both days. All senior and regular judges have assignments.
The LOC has noted that COVID protocols will be in place (face coverings as appropriate, hand sanitizer available, being socially distant).
Looking forward to seeing folks there! Tonya
Officials_Assignments_v3 SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
Alert for those coming to the Eastern Regional event this week in CT:
1) Please review the CT COVID19 Travel Restrictions. Of the 31 states 3 are from the east region (VA, MD, DE). Please review the information and adhere to the CT guidelines around testing. Any questions reach out to email@example.com https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/Covid-19-Knowledge-Base/Travel-In-or-Out-of-CT
2) Review print sign and drop off the COVID waiver to the collection table located on the lawn in front of the dock. https://www.oldfarmsskiers.com/2020-eastern-regional-championships/
3) There will be a food truck on site on Thursday Friday Saturday from 7.30am through the afternoon.
4) Thursday and Friday nights we will have dinner served on site that is at no cost to those partaking.
5) See the Avon webite for information about practice. Practice will be available after the events on Thursday and Friday. https://www.oldfarmsskiers.com/2020-eastern-regional-championships/
Wishing everyone safe travels and great scores at this year’s event.
**Alert** The regional championships have been changed from a 4 day event to a 3 day event based on the current registration numbers. The event will be run Thursday (July 23) through Saturday (July 25); with Sunday as a contingency day in the case of any delays.
The event order is below. It is based on the boat draw for nationals. The skier running orders should be available by Wednesday (July 22).
Forward any questions to Regionals@awsaeast.org.
Friday: Start time is 3pm – both rounds of slalom for junior divisions only.
Saturday: Start time is 8am – both rounds of trick followed by both rounds of jump. All divisions
Sunday: 8am – Both rounds of slalom for adult divisions only.
COVID-19 Waiver – will be available on the Avon website on Thursday (https://www.oldfarmsskiers.com/).
COVID-19 Protocols – Please review before arriving to the site.
Howdy East Region!
The Pre-Regional the event schedule will be:
- Friday 7/10 – slalom for all the juniors. Starting a 3pm.
- Saturday 7/11 – trick followed by jump. Starting at 8am.
- Sunday 7/12 – slalom for all the adults. Starting at 8am.
- The running order will be available the Wednesday (7/8) before the event.
- Based in the survey results (and thank you to those that submitted responses), we are anticipating more entries.
- This being said, the event schedule will remain as advertised for the time being.
- We will reevaluate in 2 weeks; if the entries are lower than expected and the tournament can be run in less days the region will be notified by Thursday (7/9).
- Late fee starts on July 1st.
Please send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happy 2020 everyone!!
The Avon Old Farms Skiers are getting ready for this year’s regional championship event!!
That said, we are looking to get ahead of areas where we need some help. Please reach out to Tonya (FB, cell, multitasking email, or at email@example.com) if you can assist in any of the following capacities: video for trick skiing, handle measuring, rope handler (in boat or on dock), judge, scoring, chip runner for trick skiing, hospitality.
Looking for help with both the pre-regional event (mid July) and the regional championships (end of July).
Dates for the events will be available after the winter meeting (Jan 11).