Below are the running orders for Saturday (9/26) and Sunday (9/27), along with the officials assignments for both days. All senior and regular judges have assignments.
The LOC has noted that COVID protocols will be in place (face coverings as appropriate, hand sanitizer available, being socially distant).
Looking forward to seeing folks there! Tonya
Officials_Assignments_v3 SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
Alert for those coming to the Eastern Regional event this week in CT:
1) Please review the CT COVID19 Travel Restrictions. Of the 31 states 3 are from the east region (VA, MD, DE). Please review the information and adhere to the CT guidelines around testing. Any questions reach out to email@example.com https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/Covid-19-Knowledge-Base/Travel-In-or-Out-of-CT
2) Review print sign and drop off the COVID waiver to the collection table located on the lawn in front of the dock. https://www.oldfarmsskiers.com/2020-eastern-regional-championships/
3) There will be a food truck on site on Thursday Friday Saturday from 7.30am through the afternoon.
4) Thursday and Friday nights we will have dinner served on site that is at no cost to those partaking.
5) See the Avon webite for information about practice. Practice will be available after the events on Thursday and Friday. https://www.oldfarmsskiers.com/2020-eastern-regional-championships/
Wishing everyone safe travels and great scores at this year’s event.
**Alert** The regional championships have been changed from a 4 day event to a 3 day event based on the current registration numbers. The event will be run Thursday (July 23) through Saturday (July 25); with Sunday as a contingency day in the case of any delays.
The event order is below. It is based on the boat draw for nationals. The skier running orders should be available by Wednesday (July 22).
Forward any questions to Regionals@awsaeast.org.
Friday: Start time is 3pm – both rounds of slalom for junior divisions only.
Saturday: Start time is 8am – both rounds of trick followed by both rounds of jump. All divisions
Sunday: 8am – Both rounds of slalom for adult divisions only.
COVID-19 Waiver – will be available on the Avon website on Thursday (https://www.oldfarmsskiers.com/).
COVID-19 Protocols – Please review before arriving to the site.
Howdy East Region!
The Pre-Regional the event schedule will be:
- Friday 7/10 – slalom for all the juniors. Starting a 3pm.
- Saturday 7/11 – trick followed by jump. Starting at 8am.
- Sunday 7/12 – slalom for all the adults. Starting at 8am.
- The running order will be available the Wednesday (7/8) before the event.
- Based in the survey results (and thank you to those that submitted responses), we are anticipating more entries.
- This being said, the event schedule will remain as advertised for the time being.
- We will reevaluate in 2 weeks; if the entries are lower than expected and the tournament can be run in less days the region will be notified by Thursday (7/9).
- Late fee starts on July 1st.
Please send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happy 2020 everyone!!
The Avon Old Farms Skiers are getting ready for this year’s regional championship event!!
That said, we are looking to get ahead of areas where we need some help. Please reach out to Tonya (FB, cell, multitasking email, or at email@example.com) if you can assist in any of the following capacities: video for trick skiing, handle measuring, rope handler (in boat or on dock), judge, scoring, chip runner for trick skiing, hospitality.
Looking for help with both the pre-regional event (mid July) and the regional championships (end of July).
Dates for the events will be available after the winter meeting (Jan 11).
20E036 – Avon’s Last Chance Fall Classic 2019 tournament is tomorrow. Start time is 9am. We are up to 20 slalom skiers and will have 2 groups.
Officials for round 1/first group is below (assignments for the rest of the day will happen on site):
- Driver Matt Byrne
- Boat Judge Cole Maurer
- Tower Judge Hutch Haines
- Tower Judge Scott Pottbecker
- Scoring Tonya Maurer
- Dock – Whoever is available! 🙂
Slalom Running order: 20E036_SlalomRunningOrder
2019 Avon Fall Classic (20E015) running order and officials assignments are below for the Saturday’s slalom event.
Please note that we landed with a high volume of slalom skiers and will be running 2 rounds on Saturday. The 3rd round of slalom isn’t looking likely for this tournament. If we have time Saturday we will see about running a modified 3rd round of slalom.
First skier off the dock at 8am.
Let me know of any questions.
Tally-Ho – Tonya
AvonFallClassic_20E015_Officials Assignments SLALOM v1
The On Line Registration email process failed, so we weren’t sure if this message got to all the participants. Sending out here to ensure that everyone gets the information:
Top things to know about your upcoming event:
1)Due to overwhelming response all site familiarization will be 2 passes for all events. We want to give everyone an opportunity to try out the site. You can request a second set ($15) but only if you are on site others have skied and there is room. Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LCErpjJjSvUekROVJrCsj8o_VkSSMUw4AZvFkawxkvc/edit#gid=0
2)Please fill out bios at registration so that our announcer has your most current information!
3)Please support our Jrs and don’t forget to bring your old water ski gear to donate to the Junior Development Equipment Exchange Bin.
4)It is not too late to sign up for the juniors party at Lake Compounce. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f054cabaa29a5fa7-junior3
5) Camping on site is full.
6) Reach out to Tonya for any and all volunteer opportunities!
7) Reminder that the event order was published on AWSAEast.org on July 11th. https://www.awsaeast.org/eastern-regional-championship-event-order-2019/
8) See AWSAeast.org for important traffic information. Link: https://www.awsaeast.org/directions-to-avon-ct-important-note/
We are looking forward to hosting you your family and friends!
Sincerely, Patrick B / Scott P Tournament Directors