Video Gates is a single-monitor Windows application that streamlines the slalom entrance gate review process. It is simpler to use and has better resolution than the common DVR. To provide the better resolution, Video Gates vertically crops 50% of each video stream and stacks them in the monitor display. Video Gates accepts two USB video capture devices (standard or high definition) or a multi-port SATA video capture device. Please read the manual that is included in the program.
IWWF approved the software application “Video Tape Measure” to measure jump distances. Video Tape Measure runs on Windows 10. It accepts either standard definition or high definition video streams and employs the same concepts as Bob Corson’s Video Jump and Splasheye, so current jump grids can use this new program without any modification to the site. A minimum screen resolution of 1920×1080 is required but can run on laptops with less screen resolution use it on an HDMI-attached external monitor. Video Tape Measure includes an easy-to-use personal video recorder if a jump is missed. One grid is displayed at a time with the ability to switch between four grid setups. You need to furnish your own video capture device – see the discussion in the built-in manual for which capture devices work well with Video Tape Measure and which ones don’t. Video tape Measure can be used for 3-event, barefoot, and sit ski jumping.
The program can be downloaded from the TC Resources webpage in the Slalom, Tricks, and Jump Skiing discipline on the USA Water Ski & Wake Sports website.
To download the program directly here: https://www.teamusa.org/-/media/USA_Waterski/Disciplines/3-Event-Water-Skiing/Technical-Controllers-Resources/VTMv1_0_0.zip?la=en&hash=18DE9E1F3486D9B5B9CF024915A88ED19B720DF7
The Lake Holly Ski Club looks forward to hosting Regionals this year and hopes everyone has a good time. The site is picturesque, surrounded by forest. As a result, there isn’t as much room for parking or to spread out like at Pangaea or Penfield. The Lake Holly Ski Club would like to remind everyone of a few items.
- We have had issues with dog fights in the past and we don’t want recurrences, particularly in areas of spectators and small children. Therefore, a leash rule is in affect and pets must be more than 100 yards from the shore.
- Golf carts, ATVs, and other motorized vehicles need to be limited to club members and officials only. The site isn’t large, so there isn’t much need for a cart.
- Parking might be tight, so please comply the marked off parking.
- There is a designated drop off area for skis, fold-up chairs, whatever, at “the top of the hill”.
- Lake Holly does not have camper hookups and there is limited parking available for RVs, travel trailers, and tent. Please contact Lewis Fields at (252) 536-1037 to reserve a spot for camping.
- Practice schedule – Please make sure you are at the starting dock ready to ski when your time slot begins. If you miss your time slot, you will take your turn for any open slots. Please allow for plenty of time to get to the site, especially if you are traveling I-95 South.
A few other items of note from the lake Holly Ski Club:
- Parents of Juniors – The Junior Party will be at Pitts Pond, which is a recreational pond with slides, rope swings, and other fun items. For a Junior to participate in the Junior Party, a Pitts Pond waiver must be signed by one of the Junior’s parents or legal guardians, regardless if the Junior is coming with another family. This is not the USA Water Ski AWSA waiver. It is a separate waiver. The waiver form can (or will be) will be posted at www.lakeholly.com
- It takes a village. If you are one of those like to keep busy and want to help, please feel free to volunteer.
The Lake Holly Water Ski Club