Break out those calendars, the 2017 Avon Self Storage Northeast Slalom Series schedule has been set:
- June 25 – Old Farms Spring Classic, Old Farms Pond, Avon, CT
- July 8-9 – Twin Lakes Regional Tune Up, Twin Lakes, Monroe, NY
- July 22-23 – John’s Lake 115, John’s Lake, Wantage, NJ
- July 27-30 – Eastern Regional Championships, Twin Lakes, Monroe, NY
- August 19 – Dubes Pond Slalom Classic, Dubes Pond, Hooksett, NH
- August 26 – Tom Costello Alan Rossi VT Championships, Wrightsville Reservoir, Montpelier, VT
- NESS Head-to-Head Finals – September, Date and location TBD
NESS features two divisions of competition – Men and Women (juniors inclusive) – using NOPS points to level the playing field among speeds and determine placements. So, all males will ski against each other in one division, while all females will ski against each other in the other division. At the conclusion of the series, the top 50 percent of series participants in each category (Men and Women) will qualify for the head-to-head, cash-prize series championship.
Skiers must be a registered NESS competitor in order to receive series points and participate in the head-to-head finals. The registration fee is $30 per skier, which covers the cash-prize purse, participant swag and minimal series costs such a points tracking, banners, website development, etc. Every cent raised by entry fees and sponsorships will be put back into the series. Register online HERE.
The series, and its cash-prize purse that is expected to be well north of $1,000, is made possible by the support of title sponsor Avon Self Storage and GOODE Skis, foregroup, h2oproshop, and Hands to Heal Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork.
Learn how the series works, or visit WaterSkiTheEast.com for more information.