Alert Alert Alert ….. 3 Event Drivers Clinic and testing for assistant drivers and testing for upgrades ….. June 9,10 & 11 …. Twin Lakes Waterski Park ……. please reach out to Tonya Maurer to get your name on the list …. all welcome for the clinic (actual time of clinic TBD) ….. I need head count for the testing and upgrades ……. detailed schedule of events to be worked out based on head count ….. please FaceBook IM, txt or eMail Tonya Maurer so we can get you on the list. You can find my contact information in the guide book contact page or look on the contact page here on the East Region Web Site!!
Break out those calendars, the 2017 Avon Self Storage Northeast Slalom Series schedule has been set:
- June 25 – Old Farms Spring Classic, Old Farms Pond, Avon, CT
- July 8-9 – Twin Lakes Regional Tune Up, Twin Lakes, Monroe, NY
- July 22-23 – John’s Lake 115, John’s Lake, Wantage, NJ
- July 27-30 – Eastern Regional Championships, Twin Lakes, Monroe, NY
- August 19 – Dubes Pond Slalom Classic, Dubes Pond, Hooksett, NH
- August 26 – Tom Costello Alan Rossi VT Championships, Wrightsville Reservoir, Montpelier, VT
- NESS Head-to-Head Finals – September, Date and location TBD
NESS features two divisions of competition – Men and Women (juniors inclusive) – using NOPS points to level the playing field among speeds and determine placements. So, all males will ski against each other in one division, while all females will ski against each other in the other division. At the conclusion of the series, the top 50 percent of series participants in each category (Men and Women) will qualify for the head-to-head, cash-prize series championship.
Skiers must be a registered NESS competitor in order to receive series points and participate in the head-to-head finals. The registration fee is $30 per skier, which covers the cash-prize purse, participant swag and minimal series costs such a points tracking, banners, website development, etc. Every cent raised by entry fees and sponsorships will be put back into the series. Register online HERE.
The series, and its cash-prize purse that is expected to be well north of $1,000, is made possible by the support of title sponsor Avon Self Storage and GOODE Skis, foregroup, h2oproshop, and Hands to Heal Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork.
The Northeast Slalom Series is proud to announce that a full slate of sponsors has signed on to support the series’ second season.
With the support of title sponsor Avon Self Storage, along with additional sponsors GOODE Skis, foregroup, h2oproshop, and Hands to Heal Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork, the series looks to build on the momentum of a successful inaugural season and increase the $1,000-plus cash prize it awarded the 2016 champions.
The series kicks off June 25th at the Old Farms Spring Classic in Avon, Connecticut. Register here.
The Avon Self Storage Northeast Slalom Series is a seven-stop, five-state “tour” bringing more excitement and competition to tournament skiing with a season-long points chase culminating in a cash-prize, head-to-head finals.
More information at WaterSkiTheEast.com.
Please let me know if you will be attending the 3 event Judge/Scorer Clinic on Sunday January 8th.
Same location as the Winter Meeting:
Embassy Suites Philadelphia – Valley Forge
888 Chesterbrook Blvd.
Chesterbrook, PA 19087
Thanks so much!! Tonya (email@example.com)
It is time to get your 2017 Tournaments into the Sanction system.
If that cant be done. Please notify Bill Fosbenner
so I can start to make to 2017 Tournament list.
Please take note of the following tournament changes:
1) Change in location for this Saturday’s (9/10/16) New England Championships: the new venue is 2016 Dubes Pond in Hooksett NH. Please see the Facebook page for information or contact the tournament director Mike Tilton (see the guide book for contact info). https://www.facebook.com/events/181828525574516/
2) Change in event schedule for the Avon September Classic held the weekend of 9/17/16. Slalom Trick and Jump will be held on Saturday (9/17) in that order – start time is 8.30am. The club KOP Slalom event will held on Sunday (9/18). For questions please contact the tournament director Pat Bryne (see the guide book for contact info).
Great job D.