If you are in need of a Drivers Clinic (Slalom & Trick), or are ready to test for your Assistant Slalom/Trick Driver rating or are ready to test for your Regular Slalom/Trick driver rating.
There will be a Drivers Clinic on Friday 7/17 @ Pangaea (those testing for ast ratings can test on Friday). Those ready to upgrade would be tested on Saturday (7/18) and Sunday (7/19).
If you are looking to test, be sure to provide confirmation from US Water Ski headquarters stating you have met your qualifications.
Registration Required – please contact Tonya Maurer at email@example.com by 7/13 so we have a head count!
Again event will happen at Pangaea Puddle in Canajoharie NY.
Pat Byrne is hosting a Safety Clinic in Sanford Maine on Saturday, June 20th. Contact Pat @ PJBYRN@aol.com for more information.
Hey there!! Dave Allen will be facilitating a VIRTUAL scorer clinic on Sunday April 12th.
Go To Meeting will be used to conduct the clinic and the start time will be @ 10am ET.
Come join us!!!!
Please contact Tonya Maurer to register.
Hello everyone! This warm(er) weather is getting me excited for the skiing season that is right around the corner.
The reason for this email is to let everyone know Delaware will be hosting a judge clinic on March 28th conducted by the world famous trick skiing extraordinaire Gary “I can count above 6” Noll. Please join us whether you are looking to get, maintain, or upgrade your rating. We will start at 9:30am.
Please reply if you are able to join us.
405 Cicero Crossing, Middletown, DE 19709: http://goo.gl/maps/5GAMY
Please forward this on to anyone who may be interested and stay warm!
See committee contact list under the governance link above to contact Brett and register for the clinic.
I’m receiving emails around drivers receiving notifications that they could be downgraded.
Please be aware of maintenance credits based on your officials ratings (Judge, Scorer, Safety, Driver). Check out the last page of the guide book for reference or on the USA Water Ski site (http://www.usawaterski.org/pages/officials/awsa/awsaofficialsresources.htm)
To check your credits – log in as a member on the USA Water Ski website, then go to “My Officials Ratings” of the menu to the left, then select “Details” on the row of the rating you want to check. If you see anything that says “NO” then you are missing requirements to renew.
Kind Regards, Tonya Maurer, East Region EVP AWSA
On 18 October, Bob Harris will be hosting another of his virtual clinics (also in person). Bob has hosted several of these this year with great success.
- Instructor: Bob Harris
- Date: 18 October
- Location: Paducah, KY
- Phone: 270-210-7552
- Email Bob
There will be more information provided on how to participate but it is important to get this out to our officials who are lacking a clinic credit and/or a tournament credit.
- On behalf of the region, the Eastern Regional Council wishes to extend their gratitude to John Wilkins, Terence Fogarty, and their entire team at Power Up Adirondacks, for hosting the 2014 Eastern Regionals in Lake Placid, NY. The effort was monumental.
Eastern Region Council met via conference call on September 30, 2014, and voted to accept bids for the 2015 Eastern Regionals from any interested clubs. Council to decide at the 2015 Winter Meeting in January. Due date for the bids per the policy and procedure is 30 days before the winter meeting, that said bids are to be submitted by 12/1 to take into consideration the holidays.
- There currently is a site search for the 2015 Nationals; at this time San Marcos River Ranch has decided not to host in 2015. If you know of a site that may be interested please let myself, Bob Mayhew, or Bob Crowley know.
- There were driver downgrades this year, if you were downgraded and feel you have hardship that should be considered please contact me ASAP.
- There are judges at risk for downgrade if they do not attend a Judge’s clinic. Please note that there is a virtual clinic scheduled for 10/18/14 – please see the USA Water Ski website for details. For those that will be due for a clinic – please jump on this chance to do it in the off season and in the comfort of your own home.
- We have several East Region skiers participating in the 35+ Worlds in Florida this week – I encourage you all to follow and provide virtual support! There will be a webcast. Rah Team Go!!!!
- For those that organize tournaments, please note that we will be stalking you for tournament dates in the next two months so that we can have a comprehensive schedule well before the winter meeting. Last year we had conflicts, we are looking to avoid that this year. At the winter meeting we will be reviewing the schedule.
- Over the next 30 days I’ll be revisiting the Policy & Procedures; draft of changes will be made available to the council members and a vote on those changes will happen at the winter meeting in January.
That’s all folks! Enjoy the switch to fall! Wishing everyone the best as the holidays approach!
Regards, Tonya Maurer East Region EVP
1- Another Virtual Judges/Scorers Clinic on Sunday 6/8 – contact Tonya Maurer (firstname.lastname@example.org), RSVP by 6/6.
2- Trained Driver Clinic, AWSA Driver Clinic & testing for Ast Driver Ratings (slalom/trick) on Saturday 6/14 @ Pangaea – contact Cole Maurer (email@example.com), RSVP by 6/11
3-Trained Driver Clinic, AWSA Driver Clinic on Saturday 6/7 in DE – Contact Brett Brandau (firstname.lastname@example.org), RSVP 6/5