Hutch Haines, Danny Zeisler, Fotis Dulos, Bruce Epstein, Gordon Gay, Don Nichols, and Michele Munsch, along with honorary eastern skiers Chet Raley, Dave Golly and Scotty Bellefeuille competed last week in the world over 35 championships! Congratulations to all. View scores here, http://www.iwwfed-ea.org/competition.php?cc=T-14IWWF35&page=45_m_jump_results.
On 18 October, Bob Harris will be hosting another of his virtual clinics (also in person). Bob has hosted several of these this year with great success.
- Instructor: Bob Harris
- Date: 18 October
- Location: Paducah, KY
- Phone: 270-210-7552
- Email Bob
There will be more information provided on how to participate but it is important to get this out to our officials who are lacking a clinic credit and/or a tournament credit.
- On behalf of the region, the Eastern Regional Council wishes to extend their gratitude to John Wilkins, Terence Fogarty, and their entire team at Power Up Adirondacks, for hosting the 2014 Eastern Regionals in Lake Placid, NY. The effort was monumental.
Eastern Region Council met via conference call on September 30, 2014, and voted to accept bids for the 2015 Eastern Regionals from any interested clubs. Council to decide at the 2015 Winter Meeting in January. Due date for the bids per the policy and procedure is 30 days before the winter meeting, that said bids are to be submitted by 12/1 to take into consideration the holidays.
- There currently is a site search for the 2015 Nationals; at this time San Marcos River Ranch has decided not to host in 2015. If you know of a site that may be interested please let myself, Bob Mayhew, or Bob Crowley know.
- There were driver downgrades this year, if you were downgraded and feel you have hardship that should be considered please contact me ASAP.
- There are judges at risk for downgrade if they do not attend a Judge’s clinic. Please note that there is a virtual clinic scheduled for 10/18/14 – please see the USA Water Ski website for details. For those that will be due for a clinic – please jump on this chance to do it in the off season and in the comfort of your own home.
- We have several East Region skiers participating in the 35+ Worlds in Florida this week – I encourage you all to follow and provide virtual support! There will be a webcast. Rah Team Go!!!!
- For those that organize tournaments, please note that we will be stalking you for tournament dates in the next two months so that we can have a comprehensive schedule well before the winter meeting. Last year we had conflicts, we are looking to avoid that this year. At the winter meeting we will be reviewing the schedule.
- Over the next 30 days I’ll be revisiting the Policy & Procedures; draft of changes will be made available to the council members and a vote on those changes will happen at the winter meeting in January.
That’s all folks! Enjoy the switch to fall! Wishing everyone the best as the holidays approach!
Regards, Tonya Maurer East Region EVP
Would anyone with an interest in competing in a cash prize jumping tournament to be held in Lake Placid or Saranac Lake at some point between early July and mid September please contact me at waterskilakeplacid.com I’d like to get a rough idea of the potential interest. Feelers have gone out to Canada as well. Men and women. This is an idea only, and I’d like to see if there is interest before I get carried away with a new project. John Wilkins
Bruce Epstein will be competing in the IWWF World Over 35 Tournament next week at Sunset Lakes in Groveland, FL. Bruce is currently ranked #5 in the world for men 65 and over. Please send good energy his way during the qualifying round on Wednesday and the final on Sunday (see page 6 for schedule).
Bruce placed 2nd at the Nationals in Texas, and Donna placed 5th. Congratulations to both on their skill and consistency! We are truly lucky to have them as resources and friends.