I had to revert back to the invitation code. Any kind of captcha is just being filled out by a huge number of spammers. If you are a USA WaterSki member or affiliate and you attempted to register recently, send me an email and I will provide the invitation code.
Hello fellow waterskiers,
As we approach the season that we all love, I’m passing along a technical note or two.
1. The other day I did an email test from this system. Of 79 registered users and emails sent, 44 were confirmed as received; thank you. Those that were not confirmed (except for one clearly rejected) were indicated by this system as having been accepted by the recipient’s mail server. I am not currently willing to summarize and/or contact those that have not replied–tedious cross referencing, maybe someday. I would assume the emails are in spam folders. Gmail has particularly stiff spam review.
A larger issue may be that we have hundreds of people in the region who are not registered on our website. We have normally reached a larger audience using MailChimp and/or Facebook. I will leave it up to region officials if we want to address this in any way. At minimum, it would be nice to encourage people to register with this site.
I have changed the method of confirming a registration to a math captcha and admin confirmation, removing the invitation code for now.
2. I would like to ask those who are registered to make sure you have used a strong password, and if not, please improve it. Although we have brute-force protection of our admin, a system that will lock someone out after 4 attempts, WordPress sites are being constantly attacked. Usernames are not secret since everyone is considered an author, and some of the usernames such as tgpowell, multitasking and allendbj are being constantly tested. Since I put this system in place, there have been 7452 lockouts.
Break out those calendars, the 2017 Avon Self Storage Northeast Slalom Series schedule has been set:
- June 25 – Old Farms Spring Classic, Old Farms Pond, Avon, CT
- July 8-9 – Twin Lakes Regional Tune Up, Twin Lakes, Monroe, NY
- July 22-23 – John’s Lake 115, John’s Lake, Wantage, NJ
- July 27-30 – Eastern Regional Championships, Twin Lakes, Monroe, NY
- August 19 – Dubes Pond Slalom Classic, Dubes Pond, Hooksett, NH
- August 26 – Tom Costello Alan Rossi VT Championships, Wrightsville Reservoir, Montpelier, VT
- NESS Head-to-Head Finals – September, Date and location TBD
NESS features two divisions of competition – Men and Women (juniors inclusive) – using NOPS points to level the playing field among speeds and determine placements. So, all males will ski against each other in one division, while all females will ski against each other in the other division. At the conclusion of the series, the top 50 percent of series participants in each category (Men and Women) will qualify for the head-to-head, cash-prize series championship.
Skiers must be a registered NESS competitor in order to receive series points and participate in the head-to-head finals. The registration fee is $30 per skier, which covers the cash-prize purse, participant swag and minimal series costs such a points tracking, banners, website development, etc. Every cent raised by entry fees and sponsorships will be put back into the series. Register online HERE.
The series, and its cash-prize purse that is expected to be well north of $1,000, is made possible by the support of title sponsor Avon Self Storage and GOODE Skis, foregroup, h2oproshop, and Hands to Heal Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork.
The Northeast Slalom Series is proud to announce that a full slate of sponsors has signed on to support the series’ second season.
With the support of title sponsor Avon Self Storage, along with additional sponsors GOODE Skis, foregroup, h2oproshop, and Hands to Heal Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork, the series looks to build on the momentum of a successful inaugural season and increase the $1,000-plus cash prize it awarded the 2016 champions.
The series kicks off June 25th at the Old Farms Spring Classic in Avon, Connecticut. Register here.
The Avon Self Storage Northeast Slalom Series is a seven-stop, five-state “tour” bringing more excitement and competition to tournament skiing with a season-long points chase culminating in a cash-prize, head-to-head finals.
More information at WaterSkiTheEast.com.
Please let me know if you will be attending the 3 event Judge/Scorer Clinic on Sunday January 8th.
Same location as the Winter Meeting:
Embassy Suites Philadelphia – Valley Forge
888 Chesterbrook Blvd.
Chesterbrook, PA 19087
Thanks so much!! Tonya (email@example.com)
It is time to get your 2017 Tournaments into the Sanction system.
If that cant be done. Please notify Bill Fosbenner
so I can start to make to 2017 Tournament list.
The AWSA Eastern Region Winter Meeting will be held on Saturday, Jan. 7, 2017, at the Embassy Suites Valley Forge Hotel, 888 Chesterbrook Blvd, Wayne, PA 19087, (610) 647-6700. If you are staying at the hotel, tell them you are coming for the AWSA East Water Ski Meeting to get discounted room rates. The meeting will start at 10:30 a.m. and will include lunch. We will plan to be done by 4:30 p.m. or sooner.
During the meeting, we will select officials for the 2017 Eastern Regional and National Water Ski Championships. Regionals will be held at Twin Lakes in Monroe, NY. The site for Nationals has not yet been finalized. I hope that we will know the Nationals site by the time we meet. If you wish to be considered for an officiating position at Regionals and/or Nationals, please send an email to Pat Byrne stating your desires – Judging, Scoring, Driving, Safety, Technical Controller, Announcing.
The 2017 Eastern Regionals will be conducted at Twin Lakes in Monroe, New York. It will be conducted by a Regional Team rather than by the site owners/members. As we have discussed in the past, much help from throughout the Region will be needed to pull this off. Please come to the meeting prepared to address how you, your ski club or ski site and your state federation can and will help with the execution of this event. We will discuss this topic and answer any questions at the meeting.
If you have topics that we need to cover in the meeting, please send those topics to Pat Byrne.
Tournament Directors and Site Owners: Please send your 2017 Tournament Schedules to Bill Fosbenner before the meeting. We will review the overall Tournament Schedule at the meeting and adjust for any conflicts, so it is important to set your tentative schedule and submit it to Bill before the meeting so that he can compile a consolidated schedule.
If you are ready to sanction your 2017 Tournaments, I believe that the sanction system is now ready for you to do so.
I hope to see you on Saturday, Jan. 7th, at the meeting in Pennsylvania.
Hi all, Darlene here. I’ve moved the website to a new hosting platform. Everything should be fine related to this. Provide feedback as needed.
We do have an issue with email notification of posts, however. Until I work this out, which could be months, frankly, please refer to the site proactively to learn of winter meeting and upcoming season Eastern Region information.
Winter meeting is the first Saturday in January – 7th. Let Marie Baker (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you will be attending so she can get a head count for lunch. Reach out to our EVP – Pat Byrne for specifics around the meeting (email@example.com).
Embassy Suites Philadelphia – Valley Forge
888 Chesterbrook Blvd.
Chesterbrook, PA 19087
Try the Hilton Hotel button on the USA Water Ski website for a discounted rate.
There are some requests for officials clinic(s) for Sunday. I’m looking for a head count, so if you need or desire an officials clinic; and will be able to attend in person on Sunday January 8th. Please contact me ASAP so that I can lock in instructors (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will need a minimum of 10 people before I can confirm any officials clinics.
If you are a senior official (scorer, judge, driver) in any event and would like to officiate at the 2017 regionals – please contact me as soon as you can (email@example.com). Also any regional or state safety officials interested, please contact me as well. Note that we will need 3 Event Senior Judges for the invited/appointed judge positions; but John, Scott and I are looking to build up a roster of officials willing to be scheduled for slots.
Please take note of the following tournament changes:
1) Change in location for this Saturday’s (9/10/16) New England Championships: the new venue is 2016 Dubes Pond in Hooksett NH. Please see the Facebook page for information or contact the tournament director Mike Tilton (see the guide book for contact info). https://www.facebook.com/events/181828525574516/
2) Change in event schedule for the Avon September Classic held the weekend of 9/17/16. Slalom Trick and Jump will be held on Saturday (9/17) in that order – start time is 8.30am. The club KOP Slalom event will held on Sunday (9/18). For questions please contact the tournament director Pat Bryne (see the guide book for contact info).