Test of mail sending. I did not receive a notification for the post of running orders that Tonya made on 7/17, so I’m testing the system. I am likely to delete this post after my test is run, but I welcome anyone to give me feedback on the last post. Thanks, Darlene
1. Volunteers for dock starting, practice (drivers, safety coordinators, ticket takers), safety - please contact Andi Paradis <firstname.lastname@example.org> with your contact information & availability.
2. Practice hours are different than what is in the guide book. Wednesday 9-5; Friday end of tournament to 8 PM. For questions contact John Wilkins.
3. Reminder about floatation for trick skiers – for questions contact John Wilkins. See previous website post for some info as well.
4. Jr. dev event – Thursday night @ Bowlwinkles – starts promptly at 7.30pm – for questions contact Mike Shelhamer (email@example.com).
5. The official event running order based on the boat draw will be available on the AWSA East Website tomorrow 7/17.
A quick note to wish everyone well as the season hits high gear here in the east and forward along some nuggets about the region ……. Continue reading
USAWS has sent me a list of AWSA drivers who will be downgraded if they do not address deficiencies. Many on the list only need to renew membership and/or initiate an MVR check, things that can be done online. If deficiencies are corrected very quickly, the affected individuals will not be downgraded. Once downgraded, it is still possible to fix it, but not without a lot of hassle, and until fixed, you will have the lower rating. I have sent an email to the affected drivers. If you did not receive the email, but are are uncertain of your status, I suggest you check your personal record online.
The Regionals planning committee requested that any officials/volunteers that have walkie talkies would be helping in a big way if they can bring their own. It was brought to our attention that knowledge of the spectrum is important. The Regionals planning committee is purchasing the “civilian” Motorola variety, family/public band.
RADAR Slalom Ski DEMO Day on Private Slalom Course or FREE SKI (Long Pond, Northwood NH) – Monday July 21st
Waterski Enthusiasts -
Exciting news as the Monday July 21st RADAR Demo Day approaches. I was just told that pro skier Brooks Wilson will be joining Ryan the RADAR Rep to rock and roll on Long Pond. In addition they will have every length their latest 2014 release of the Vapor with boots for every size foot they make. Of course the Senate and Theory ski as well for those interested. Continue reading
A friendly reminder that entries for Regionals are due by July 7th. Entries sent after the 7th will be charged a late fee of $20. So get them in!!! (Please!)
Also, trick skiers will be required to wear some form of flotation (AKA a vest). The temperature may be colder than some of you are used to so a vest will probably be more comfortable than no vest anyway.
If you have any questions, contact Grace Wilkins. Thanks!
1.Promo boats need to be registered with required safety equipment.
2.Trick skiers should be prepared to compete with a PFD. Something like an O’Neill vest will be fine.
3.Promo boats need to arrive in Lake Placid by 10 AM on Tuesday. Boats have to be checked in, taken off trailers and cleaned to prevent the spread of invasives and be ready to be launched by noon. We have three hours on Tuesday to get all boats mapped in for slalom and jump. Wednesday is practice and we may not have time to deal with getting boats set up on Wednesday.
4. If officials own their own walkie talkie radios, please bring them to the event. We have a limited number of radios and if you can provide your own, it will be a big help.
5 slots still open …….
- Date(s): 7/18-7/20 (3 days, 3 nights)
- Where: Pangaea, Canajoharie, NY
- Times: Start at 8am
- Coach: Brookes Wilson
- Cost: $130 per skier
- # Of Sets: 3 sets per skier
- Events: Slalom Clinic
- Maximum Capacity: 15 skiers, payment secures slot
- Tournament: Pangaea # 37 tourny included in clinic cost
- Overnight accommodations: Pangaea site fees apply, see Pangaea.com for details
- Afterhours Events Included: Traditional Pangaea fun and games! See Pangaea.com for details
- Big Kids (adults): If room – $60/set of six passes or 20 minutes; additional $40 for 2nd/3rd Sets
- Contact: Mike Shelhamer, 518.229.5138 Hammer7055@hotmail.com